Popular Marketing Posts
Witton Chemical Company is a chemical contract manufacturer; we undertook research into several marketing companies to give us an effective marketing strategy which would deliver results. Our choice was Jenkinson & Associates Ltd and this has proved to have been the right choice. We have experienced a continual flow of enquiries and an ever increasing pipeline of new opportunities from the UK and internationally. We now regard Chris as an integral part of our management team and happy to endorse his services.
Why a Digital Marketing Audit Is Worth Carrying Out
Ask most small online business owners when they last performed a digital marketing audit and you’ll almost always get the same answer:
Not only have they never performed one, they’re not even familiar with the concept.
Now more than ever, getting busy in any area of online business whatsoever means hitting the nail on the head with an effective digital strategy. The problem is that what may have been an effective strategy a couple of years ago could be downright counterproductive today.
In fact, the digital marketing landscape is evolving so fast that what worked even a few months back could no longer be delivering the results you need.
What Is A Digital Marketing Audit?
As the name suggests, a digital marketing audit is a process that involves careful assessment and analysis of all current digital marketing efforts. It’s only by carrying out a digital marketing audits on a regular basis that you gain insights into what’s working, what could stand to be improved and what’s having the opposite of the intended effect.
All of which is essential to ensure the best possible ROI on your marketing spend.
Outsourcing or hiring help to perform a detailed digital marketing audit on occasion can be uniquely beneficial. It’s unlikely you have the knowledge, experience, time or resources to conduct an audit on the same in-depth level as a specialist service provider.
But at the same time, anything’s better than nothing - even a rudimentary digital marketing audit from time to time can make a real difference.
What Does Digital Marketing Audit Look At?
The most important aspects of a digital marketing audit will always vary significantly from one business to the next. It depends on your approach to digital marketing, the channels you use, your preferred marketing platforms and so on.
Nevertheless, each of the following should be carefully considered and analysed as part of the audit process:
- Your use of analytics - are you making the best possible use of the data available to you?
- Your objectives - do you have clearly defined objectives that are realistic and measurable?
- Your marketing strategy - assuming you have one in place, which should be revisited and refreshed regularly.
- Your social profiles - are you active enough on social media and making every possible effort to engage your audience?
- Your SEO strategy - how effective is your SEO strategy and when was it last revisited and improved?
- Your site’s performance - does your site perform flawlessly and with consistently fast page loading times?
- Your content - are you publishing a sufficient quantity of outstanding SEO-optimised content on a regular basis?
- Your paid ads - are you fully leveraging the potential benefits of PPC advertising?
- Your conversion rates - are you are targeting and attracting the right customers, who are subsequently converting in high numbers?
- Your competitors - when was the last time you conducted a detailed competitor analysis, to see how your closest rivals are performing?
This covers only the basics of a very rudimentary digital marketing audit, but nonetheless highlights several areas of importance to assess and analyse on a regular basis.