Popular Marketing Posts
How to Build an Outstanding Online Brand – Eight Essential Guidelines
Nowadays, just existing online is simply not enough. If you would like your business to thrive, you will need to develop an online brand that is memorable and resonates with your target customers.
If you don’t, your business will be doomed – it is as simple as that.
But then again, you are probably well aware of all this already.
The question then becomes – what could you start doing right now to be able to build an outstanding online brand that works?
The simple reply is, quite a lot in fact, and starting out with any of the following 8 tips can help you get things on the right track:
1. First up, don’t expect it to be the type of job that is not going to cost you any money. Whether it is investing in your own marketing or bringing in the experts to help out, this is the perfect illustration of a situation where you will need to spend money in order to make money.
2. Consider your brand’s overall mission and vision, in order to decide whether or not your present online presence is appropriate. If it is not immediately obvious that every single one of your web assets conveys the right message, the necessary changes should be made.
3. Similarly, it is important to revisit the details of your target audience from time to time. Ask yourself – do you in fact know who they are, what they respond to, what they do and what turns them off and on? If there are grey areas, you will need to get busy with the needed research to clear them up.
4. Consider carefully your brand’s overall value and unique selling point, which should be your primary focus when looking to create your brand’s image. After all, this is the reason your target audience will choose you over your rival companies.
5. Make an effort to create a cohesive image of your online brand with all visuals you add to any of your online platforms. From the fonts you use to the company logo right down to the chosen language, you’re looking to reach a point where it’s obvious that it is you and nobody else, with no more than one glance.
6. Once you have the majority of the pieces in place, it is then a case of spreading the word and getting your audience to spread the word on your behalf. Building credibility and authority as an online brand will often mean selling without selling. That means using customers, influencers and others to sing your praises by way of testimonials, product reviews and so on. You can’t and won’t build a solid online brand image without their help.
7. You will need to blog like crazy. Quite self-explanatory really, but creating an authoritative and memorable brand means building an honest, consistent and clear voice for the online brand at the same time. Tweets, social media posts and on-going blogging are excellent ways of getting the job done.
8. Last up, authenticity is always worth its weight in gold in terms of building and furthering brand image. Over and above what it is you do, it’s of even greater importance to ensure you do it honestly, authentically and with as much dedication and commitment as possible.